Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Death by Oreo Cupcakes


My little brother is a pretty great athlete if i do say so myself. Actually be seems to be pretty great at lot of things (which is kind of annoying) but also makes me super proud. And at 13 he doesn't seem to be as much of a jerk as other kids his age, knock on wood.
Joe likes to call me CupKate, which I think is supposed to be an insult because of my obsession with baking but I think it's funny. Whenever we are joking back and forth and he runs out of ammo he'll say ,"Go bake some cupcakes!" And this particular time I did. Plus he had just won a baseball tournament so I figured he deserved them. He requested cookies and cream, and when i found this recipe that uses whole cookies in each cupcake I was pretty excited to say the least. I do love baking from scratch, but this recipe is pretty far from homemade. Store bought cookies and cake mix made my life very easy this particular weekend........without further ado............

Death by Oreo Cupcakes by justapinch.com
1 pkg oreos, regular size

1 pkg chocolate cake mix/ mix according to directions on box
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
8 Tbsp butter, room temperature
3 3/4 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
cupcake liners
1.   Preheat oven to 350. Mix packaged cake mix according to directions. (Do not bake.)
2.   Line cupcake tins with liner, place an regular size oreo cookie in the bottom of each one
3.   Take 1/2 of remaining cookies and chop coarsely and add to cake mix. Fill the cupcake tins. Bake for 15 min (or according to box directions). While cupcakes are baking make the frosting.
4.   Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, then add powdered sugar slowly until blended well.
5.   Chop remaining regular-sized Oreos very fine. Add to frosting.




8 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

Ohhh I am SO making these. I will probably screw them up somehow, but if they look even half as good as yours, they will be delicious! Thanks for sharing!

That pic of you two is precious :) Now I miss my brother!

Jen said...

This looks delicious and (best of all) EASY!
Your tattoo looks pretty, but I can't tell what it is. What is it? :)

-jen @ stuffjendid

Waffle Garden said...

haha you guys sound hilarious! and these look amazing

Katie Maye said...

Thanks! It's a peacock, i have a thing for birds

Ashley Vincent said...

Ha...look at my silly boo in background :) P.S. This picture is precious!

Melissa said...

i want those! :) i am definitely going to try and make 'em :)

Naomi A. said...

Oh my goodness, I need those cupcakes!!

cathykhayes said...

Those cupcakes look SUPER dangerous! WOW! Must make!
http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com