Friday, August 12, 2011

Handwritten Recipes

I couldn't have been more pumped when i came across this blog, Handwritten Recipes. The blog's creator, the owner of a used bookstore,  posts recipes he finds tucked in old books (he found a recipe for Choco Mallow Logs in an old Sherlock Holmes volume).  Aside from a wealth of cooking adventures, the site provides gorgeous nostalgic images, I'm obsessed with these photos!. The pairings of old recipe cards with worn well aged books are so delicious in themselves. It makes me wish i had a little recipe box filled with cards I've collected from friends and family. It's seems so much more sentimental that an internet printout shoved in a drawer. While I do love the convenience of pulling up a recipe on my phone (and maybe saving it to my email if it's good) i do adore the idea of a treasure trove of handwritten recipes.  How about you, do you have any old handwritten recipes? Cards that have been handed down? 











































































































Via Handwritten Recipes

3 comments:

Megan said...

How cool! Love this so much. My mom has a book of all of my grandma's old hand-written recipes and it's so cool to flip through and a great reminder of her. I am hoping that someday it gets passed along to me :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cathy said...

Great blog!!!
www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

Megan said...

How cool! Love this so much. My mom has a book of all of my grandma's old hand-written recipes and it's so cool to flip through and a great reminder of her. I am hoping that someday it gets passed along to me :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!