Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking the Leap

I'm so happy to welcome you to Katie Maye! I'm a designer, crafter, baker, etsy-ian (jack of all trades- master of none) living in [way south] Louisiana. I love cacti, sharing meals with lovely people, finding a good bargain, and mood rings. I hope to share my journey of building an artful and meaningful life piece by piece. So without further ado...

We begin with a list.

I love lists. Who doesn't? Seriously, name someone that doesn't and I'll change their mind.
A nicely organized group of words, usually with some kind of theme. They are just aesthetically pleasing. It seems appropriate to start off this journey with a list. Let's keep it pretty general this time around, shall we?

10 Things that are currently inspiring me and a nod to some of my favorite blogs.

Via The Sartorialist, AbbieRiotDesign Sponge
1. The Satorialist. Beautiful style, simple honest photographs
2. Whimsical quotes. Puts me in a dreamy state.
3. Natural light. Creates a lovely carefree atmosphere


Via Jeana Sohn
4. Creative women. More on this subject to come, maybe weekly installments? Jeana Sohn. Simple artful Style, nostalgic paintings, and her Closet Visits are to die for.


Via Simple Lovely, Tattoologist, L.A. in Bloom
 5. Thoughtful vignettes. I love a well curated corner or coffee table. They make a room so much more cozy and inviting.
6. Black and gray tattoos. Feminine and elegant
7.The desert. I've never been, but there is something about the color palette of the desert. I want to be surrounded by cacti.


Via Style by Emily henderson and Moodboard 
8. Mid century styling. A tufted low profile sofa, geometric pendant light......give it to me!!! ( I love Emily Henderson)


Via 100 Layer Cake, Tartelette
9. Unexpected fonts. Can i get a little graphic design-y for a minute? I get really inspired by fonts, sometimes they're the only design element you need.
10. Labor intensive treats - the macaron. I love a quick and easy semi-homemade dessert as much as the next self-taught aspiring baker (recipe for Cookies and Cream cupcakes to follow, whole Oreo cookies!). But there is a very gratifying sense of accomplishment from tackling an intimidating recipe with such a daunting reputation. I feel like this is a subject i will write [much] more on. I have a love/hate relationship with these delicacies.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

Megan said...

Welcome to blogging! I love this list of inspiring things; such beautiful images and ideas :)

I am now following you and look forward to reading more! I am new to blogging myself and can tell it's already a great outlet for creativity and feeling inspired. I think you will love it

KatieMaye said...

Thanks so much for the welcome Megan! I'm so excited about exploring the world of blogging and also connecting with fellow bloggers such as yourself :) Your site is so cute by the way, i love your style.

Catherine(aka:mom) said...

Love your pictures and my trips to BR-

Hope to head east again real soon-maybe for my birthday!!

Megan said...

Welcome to blogging! I love this list of inspiring things; such beautiful images and ideas :)

I am now following you and look forward to reading more! I am new to blogging myself and can tell it's already a great outlet for creativity and feeling inspired. I think you will love it