Monday, August 22, 2011

A weekend [in outfits] v2


This weekend had a nice late summer flow to it. A lazy Friday spent on the couch, leading into a pretty eventful Saturday, and then a slow Sunday spent with family by the pool. I managed to get up early enough Saturday morning to make it to a lovely open air botanical sale. There were so many  luscious plants and trees! If I had a larger vehicle I have a feeling I would have taken home many more new friends. I swooned over some fig trees and brightly colored exotic flowers, but once i spotted the 4 ft+ tall pencil cactus it was all over. We took home that beauty and a small lime tree.  I'm super happy with our purchases :)


I also attended  a Bavarian Beer Dinner Saturday that was pretty amazing. I'm not a huge beer drinker and had a little trouble keeping up with one beer per course, but i did end up with a pretty spectrum of amber filled glasses by the end of the night. The drinks and dishes were beyond delicious, to say the least. There were Friend Goat Cheese Lollipops, Duck Pastrami, and Venison Sausage over Red beans ( and those are just a few courses!) Highlight of the weekend for sure.

F21 Dress, Jcrew clutch, Target Sandals

There was lots of lounging and swimming Sunday out at my grandparents house. It's a bit of a trek from my house, but the good company and pretty scenery are always worth it. I, for one, am savoring these hot, late summer days.  I'm not quite ready for this season to be over, although I'm sure I will be by the time fall arrives. How about you, are you ready for the seasons to change?
PS. hope your weekend was great! :)

Urban Outfitters Dress, Old Navy shirt. Express Sandals

15 comments:

Megan said...

You are so cute! I love that maxi on you... and those shoes are awesome. Also, I am a little jealous of that clutch; it's amazing!!!!

Your weekend sounds nice. Mine was good too - did a lot of relaxing. Although both my fiance and cat were sick, so I played nurse most of the weekend, but it was still nice :)

Jen said...

Beautiful photography. I love the shot of toes and water. And goat cheese lollipops? Yum!

<3 jen @ stuffjendid

wafflegarden said...

i love your tattoo! you are so lucky to be able to grow tropical plants where you live. i would love a lime tree thats so fun!

Jean Claire said...

you make me miss the family and hanging by the pool on sunday afternoons...

KatieMaye said...

@Jean Claire
Poonie, we miss you!!! i've been tossing around the idea of moving and trying some place new for a while, but days like this make it hard for me to leave

Jean Claire said...

you make me miss the family and hanging by the pool on sunday afternoons...

Megan said...

You are so cute! I love that maxi on you... and those shoes are awesome. Also, I am a little jealous of that clutch; it's amazing!!!!

Your weekend sounds nice. Mine was good too - did a lot of relaxing. Although both my fiance and cat were sick, so I played nurse most of the weekend, but it was still nice :)

Kelley said...

That cute maxi helps you look ten feet tall too. In a good way! I wish I could pull off wedges! I would be ten feet tall in a heartbeat.

Katie Maye said...

I love to feel tall, thus i love heels but im just so clumsy!!!!!! i manage to fall less when i wear wedges so thats why they are my fav, haha!

Elsie said...

cute! Love the shoes! Thank you for such a sweet comment!
xo, Elsie

Katie Maye said...

Thanks Elsie :)
I'm so excited to see the fall dress line reveal!

Naomi A. said...

Ooh, I absolutely love the Target sandals and Forever 21 dress!! I'm a sucker for blue :)

Katie Maye said...

Thanks Naomi, I love your blog! those photos from the fair are so dreamy. I added you to my blogroll on bloglovin, cant wait to see more!

Catherine (aka - mom) said...

Oreo cookie cupcakes would make a great birthday gift.

Katie Maye said...

haha! i had something fancier in mind for you mom...