Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A weekend [in outfits] v3

Flower_dress
Necklace - A Merry Mishap, Dress - Forever 21, Belt - Thrifted, Socks :) - Urban Outiftters, Shoes - Target

I feel like I should subtitle this post "Adventures with a Tripod." It was my first attempt at taking photos with a tripod............in platform wedges...........in a backyard full of holes.........oh yeah, and did I mention it was 90+ degrees. It was interesting to say the least. Any tips for shooting with a tripod would be greatly appreciated :)

Triptic

I snapped these shots right before heading to my mom's birthday dinner (with my glorious cake in tow). Coming from a large family, it's always a little bit of a production when we get together at a restaurant. There was lots of fun and photos and shouting (I have trouble controlling the volume of my voice sometimes). I currently live about an hour away from the majority of my immediate family, and I'm not sure if I could survive living any further away. It's a constant inner struggle actually. There are so many places I'd love to see, surely living in a more pleasant climate would be awesome. I feel like I have a pretty independent spirit and love the idea of just hopping around living in different gorgeous places. But you know, I'm still young and have plenty of time to figure that out..... and in the mean time there is always traveling to get my fix. Speaking of, I'm leaving Thursday to head to Austin, TX for the Labor Day holiday. I'm so excited about all of the fun stuff we have planned!!!! Any fun Labor plans for you folks?
ps. Here are some fun shots of my fam :)The little one is pretty entertaining



12 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

That outfit is SO cute, and you look great! Love the socks with the wedges, I've been scared to try it out but love how it looks.

Haha... adventures with a tripod, I know it well. I really have no tips to offer, but it looks like you did a great job!

Your family looks nice and fun. I know what you mean about living away from them. I have always lived near my family (parents especially) because we are all very close and my mom is my best friend. When my fiance got into grad school in Florida I was really devastated (I'm from California). It's been one year of living away from them, and I find myself crying a lot and just REALLY missing them. I miss the small things - baking cookies with my mom and watching trashy TV, swinging by to say hi to my dad before work, and just being able to see their faces. We plan on moving back next August, and hopefully can visit this Christmas!

Ashley Vincent said...

Kate---You look gorgeous...even for a loud mouth!!! Bahahaha!

Katie Maye said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!(laughing even louder) thanks!

Katie Maye said...

I would imagine being bi-coastal can be pretty tough. I bet i would be a complete mess! I have to say though, the idea of starting fresh in a new place seems pretty exciting.

Jen said...

Tripod Adventures? Ha! I don't know anything about tripods, but I love the purple socks. Ankle socks make some girls' ankles look thick, but you have the legs to pull it off. So cute!

Anna A Hodge said...

adore this outfit. super fun and perfectly executed. so happy i found your blog. i'm totally following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

For all the latest fashion news from a southern girl making it as an LA stylist follow on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

Kelley said...

Oh, it looks like you had fun with your family. And you looked cute too, I LOVE those purple socks! There are states and states between me and my family, and at times it does get a little lonely, so I know what you mean.

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

oh gosh, I love your little socks with this outfit! Too cute.

Waffle Garden said...

you look amazing in this dress! thats awesome that you are so close to your family, you only get one!

Katie Maye said...

thanks! So i found out the hard way the socks make it a little slippery walking in wedges, but it was cute so i guess it was worth it, haha!

Charmaine said...

I did a great job of working with the tripod. I have trouble trying to figure out how to take outfit pictures for my own blog. I don't have a tripod so it makes it extra hard.

Charmaine said...

Oops... first word should've been "You"... apparently I type faster than I think... it's either that or I don't think at all :(