Monday, August 15, 2011

A weekend [in outfits] v1

Old Navy top, F21 Jeans, Dolce Vita Sandals, Essie Polish - Clambake

So maybe this is more of a weekend in outfits and delicious meals. The weekend was full of English fare, more and more food, a lovely baby shower.........oh and a cacti harvest (no big deal)!!!! Friday, I hit the town and we grabbed drinks and really yummy snacks at The Londoner English Pub. I don't eat at this restaurant nearly enough, it's so good! Not to mention they have a great happy hour.
My mom popped into town on Saturday and I had a great leisurely lunch with her and my sister, Hannah.  The Tomato Basil and Crab Bisque from The Chimes was probably the highlight of my weekend. Also the highlight, talking about my sister's bun in the oven, yay for new additions to the family!!

Jcrew Chambray Shirt, F21 Dress, Express Sandals

Sunday, I got all dolled up for my cousin's baby shower and more eating more eating. That afternoon my dad was kind enough to take me to this awesome cacti patch that grows wildly on some of his land. This is a very weird occurrence in southwest Louisiana where is air is humid and the ground stays pretty damp, they were growing in a ditch!! Aren't they gorgeous?! I was over the moon excited and we dug up a bunch of cacti for me to try to propagate at home (more on that later). All in all, a good full weekend. Don't worry, there was a good amount of laziness and lounging around the house in between all of the eating. Any exciting adventures of your own this weekend?

Tomato Dress, Old Navy Top, F21 belt


14 comments:

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

nice! xo

devorelebeaumonstre.com

Megan said...

I love that sundress with the chambray shirt over it! I also like your hair -- curls and bangs, too cute :)

That Girl in Pearls said...

Wow, LOVE the printed dress with the shirt. Amazing. You have wonderful, carefree style. Really beautiful!

Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Melisande said...

so of all the things i loved most about your outfits, they were all from F21! go figure! :) you look pretty!

KatieMaye said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, they just make my day! It's so funny you say that Melisande, I often try to wen myself off of F21 but i just cant, haha! i find the greatest stuff there.

t said...

Nice outfits!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Heba said...

cute outfits :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

chantilly said...

i love these pictures! your weekend looks so festive and fun.

threadsandbuttons said...

Oh I love your cute little outfit in that bottom picute. So sweet :)

wafflegarden said...

i am jealous of that orange top, that soup, and those cacti :D

chantilly said...

i love these pictures! your weekend looks so festive and fun.

Megan said...

I love that sundress with the chambray shirt over it! I also like your hair -- curls and bangs, too cute :)

Terriplanty said...

i love how you are man handling that cactus. hot stuff. this blog is like a little fashion and a little plant wrestling :)

Mrville12 said...

Kate, you are too cute! I love the blog and all your great pics! and please jack of all trades, and master of many!