Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hitting the Road!

Vintage Car Couple

I'm heading out to Austin for a little Labor Day fun, so excited!! Packing for trips is something I always enjoy. Is that weird? I love picking out my daily outfits, the shoes, the accessories (I might even get inspired to do some ironing). Most of this excitement has to do with the fact that my daily dressing is very uninspired. I have to wear a uniform shirt to work and I find it very hard to get motivated to jazz up a dull boring utilitarian shirt. And ahhhhh...the lists, I love any excuse to make a billion lists. I get a little bit of anxiety right when I am about to leave my house. I hate the thought of being stuck somewhere with out something I might need (which is a little ridiculous, i know). Checking off those lists just makes me feel at ease. But for this trip, my main objective is the weather. It is going to be HOT, HOT, HOT in Austin this weekend, so I'm definitely keeping that in mind. I probably wont even bring any jeans, which is kinda a huge for me. Well, maybe just one pair. So far I've got - a very light, flowy bright top, embroidered Mexican style top (with a cut out back for maximum air flow), basic black tank dress, thin brown belt that goes with everything, and a watercolor print skort.............yes, thats right, it's a skort!!! Skirt and shorts COMBINED if you're not familiar, wink wink.
Packing for Austin, woopwoop!!



A few new purchases (from Target), retro style bathing suit (it's so comfy) and a tiny lightweight purse (who wants to be lugging around a hug shoulder bag, right?), and a straw hat to keep the sun off of my pasty face.
Lots of fun highlights and pretty pictures to follow next week. There is lots of adventurous eating on the agenda, some swimming and other outdoorsy adventures, good music, and cactus buying planned. Hope of all you have a great long weekend and I can't wait to hear about your Labor Day adventures! Peace out and be careful out there :)

 

5 comments:

Mvincent4130 said...

Have fun ... we are out also enjoying the sun a bit further west....

Katie Maye said...

yall have fun!!!!!

Kgb0808 said...

get your buns over here!

Jen said...

Have fun and take lots of pictures! Haha, packing lists are the best. I'd love to see a picture of the skort on you.

Notes She Wrote said...

Have so much fun in Austin! and I'm loving your Target finds!! :)


Notes She Wrote