Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Getaway: Austin

Hitting the pause button this weekend was exactly what I needed. Putting life on hold for a few days and getting out of town has left me fully recharged and ready to get back to the grind. We packed so much awesomeness into our quick little getaway and it was all thanks to our lovely, knowledgeable friends and their great recommendations. We were really lucky to have such great weather (our peps over here in Louisiana were getting soaked!) Perfect for lounging in the sun, window shopping, and consuming lots of refreshing adult beverages. I can't wait to share all of the great meals we had (my favorite part). I indulged maybe a little too much, but that's what vacations are for right?!
Here are a few random Instagrams and I'll be back during the next couple of days with a full play by play of the gloriousness that is Austin.  Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

Morning sunshine


Lazy morning in Beaumont

Waterspouts
Hitting the road for the final stretch, full of caffeine

Cacti Everywhere, lovely

South Congress


Hamilton Pool, full post coming soon



ps. My heart goes out to everyone that has been effected by the wildfires in Texas, that is some scary stuff. Nature can really be a beast.

1 comments:

Waffle Garden said...

i love the cow!