Monday, October 3, 2011

It is officially fall people!

Scooter ride!


Can you tell I'm so excited! Let's see...this weekend I finally dug into my fall sweaters (and did not break a sweat while wearing it), went on my first scooter ride of the season (as a passenger of course), and we had our first gumbo!
The weather was amazing, dipping into the 50s, and not quite breaking 80 - it was all  around lovely. The boyfriend took me for a scooter ride around the LSU lakes and showed me a secret patch of cacti in our neighborhood (he definitely knows the way to my heart). I always forget how scared I get on the scooter until we pull out of the driveway. This girl does not have the need for speed. After a few minutes though, my heart slows down and I realize we are going slower than the cars. At that point I feel silly and start to enjoy the ride.
I also had some great family time this weekend and a wonderful brunch on Sunday morning. 
Aside from that, there was lots and lots of time spent on the computer. I've been working on a really exciting etsy-related venture coming up later this month. Trying to stay ahead of the curve and what not, we'll see if I can pull this off.
Next on my list of fall activities, Spiced Apple Cider! I spotted this great recipe today at A Beautiful Mess, and I can't wait to try it! Is any one sick of me talking about fall yet? I hope not because it's my favorite season! And not just because it's my birthday month, hehe! (ps. my bday is this Sunday, this lady is getting old. I'll be 28, ep!)




Brunch
Brunch at Frank's - Shrimp Grits!

New orchid, hopefully I won't kill this one
New Orchid for my desk :)

1 comments:

Brandi Potter said...

I have wrecked to many times on scooters to ever enjoy them! But, the weather is perfect for a ride right now!