Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mid Century Inspiration

I'm currently in the midst of a living room overhaul. Most of the furniture I own is from cheap bargain stores bought out of necessity in college or old hand me downs. While I do treasure some of the pieces... a few of them are reaching the end of their lifespan. As I make my way through this room redo I'd like to share some of my inspiration. I love mid century style but prefer a slightly more comfy and casual take. The things I have been obsessing over are danish style low profile pieces and warm woods. My living room is fairly small and I feel like these gems keep the space feeling open and functional. I've been pinning like a madwoman lately, here are some of my favs:

mid century room


And here are some great rooms I found via Apartment Therapy. I would be more than happy to inhabit any of these spaces.

apartmenttherapy2

apartmenttherapy4

apartmenttherapy5

inspiration_apartment_therapy

2 comments:

Kristina Gulino said...

My husband loves the mid-century modern look. And that Dragon Tree would be such a nice accent!

Kristina
Something 2 Write About

Katie Maye said...

I always loved this style but never knew what it was called, then i got hooked on Emily Henderson and Secrets from a Stylist and now i'm obsessed haha!