Monday, January 16, 2012

A Baby Shower for Little G



I helped host a baby shower for my sister Hannah and little baby Gavin yesterday! I flexed my craft muscles a little and made some super easy decorations that were also really cheap. All you will need is some twine and about 3 - 4 yards of fabric in different coordinating colors and/or patterns. Before hitting up the fabric store, I ran by the thrift store to see if I could find any bed sheets in cute patterns. I found the baby blue fabric and pretty yellow floral fabric there.  Then I bought a few more different fabric selections on the cheap at Walmart. After that, all you have to do is tear the fabric into strips about 1"-2" wide and tie them on the twine. Don't worry about the fabric being uniform lengths, you can always trim it up once it is hanging. To top it off, I printed Baby G's name out on my home printer and clothes pinned it to the fabric and voila!!!






The proud Mama!


Hand painting "g" on all of the macarons might have been a little overboard but I think it was worht it






Monica made this amazing cake to match the invitations, so cute (and delicious)!

2 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

This is SO cute, you did a fantastic job.

Kristina Gulino said...

Seriously so cute. Congrats to your sis!

Kristina
Something 2 Write About