Monday, January 9, 2012

Brinner. It's what all the cool kids are doing.




Brinner Party! (Brinner - the combination of the words Breakfast and dinner, also known as the act of eating breakfast for dinner) Wild and crazy Friday night people! I think I might have a problem....I want to eat this meal every. single. day. of my life. FOREVER. Yes this is my second installment of documenting a brinner party, but I think you like it just as much as I do. I really think this might be the best way to spend a lovely night with friends. Some eggs, some EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE, MIMOSAS! Ok, I'll stop with the all caps now, i just get really excited about brinner. Leigh's Eggnog French Toast Casserole was truly amazing, I mean, she really stole the show here. Here is a very similar recipe (possibly the same one..????Leigh???) It's a shame that eggnog is only a seasonal thing for the one simple reason that this recipe cannot be enjoyed year round, but maybe that's what makes it so delicious and special. I attempted to make Leigh's lovely mom's (Hi Mrs. Peggy) breakfast casserole, and while i didn't fail it was not near as delicious as the original.
Other highlights of the weekend included continued work on re-decorating the living room and finally getting back to the gym for the first time in recent months. Yay me!
I hope you all have a Happy Monday, I see lots of finger foods, pizza and beer in my immediate future. I think I heard there was some little LSU football game on tonight or something :)











5 comments:

leigh1711 said...

Hey all, Leigh here with the link to the recipe I used. Brinner Party for Life!!

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/baked-eggnog-french-toast/

Katie Maye said...

yay, thanks!

Pgibbs1049 said...

Thanks Kate for the posting and the precious picture. Hope you can come for a visit again soon. We had Leigh's Eggnog French Toast at Christmas time, sure was a hit.

Kristina Gulino said...

I could go for from Brinner right about now...

Katie Maye said...

me too. wish i had leftovers!