Monday, January 23, 2012

My weekend [in the kitchen]



I didn't realize it so much at the time, but looking back at my weekend it appears that I didn't really get out of the kitchen. I have to say, I'm not mad about it one bit.
A while back I read this great post from one of my favorite food blogs, Not Without Salt. The way she talks about preparing a meal for her husband and her excitement in the process got me very excited to prepare a special meal for P (wink, wink). We have alot to celebrate and be thankful for these days. I'm lucky to be able to spend everyday with someone that inspires and supports me so much. I really wouldn't be able to keep a level head without him. I figured that the least I could do was prepare a beautiful meal from start to finish for him to enjoy. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about being able to pull off this entire meal and I read the recipes compulsively for a few days before attempting it. In this case my over-thinking paid off. The salad was crisp and delicious, the polenta was perfectly creamy, and the pork...well, I have to admit he helped me out with this one and made sure I didn't poison us with undercooked meats. And thank goodness for roasted grapes!!! Trust me on this one, you need these in your life. It was all so delicious and I know it was very much appreciated. Be sure to check out the original post at Not Without Salt for her gorgeous photos, mine don't do it justice.





pork_polenta

roasted_grapes


If your still reading (enough with the mushy gushy stuff right?) I also tried my hand at some homemade flaky biscuits. I was just dying to try the leftover roasted grapes with biscuits and honey for breakfast. But you can't win them all folks and unfortunately mine came out a little flat. ( but still edible and tasty) There was also some rolling around on the floor with dogs and nieces, and some treat baking for a belated Christmas gift exchange. How was your weekend?







8 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful meal! And I like the mushy gushy stuff! When I feel loved, I tend to spend more time in the kitchen. Guess I'm not the only one. :)

Kristin said...

Yumm, that all looks fabulous! I took some time to play in the kitchen too and by far my favorite recipe of the weekend was a vegetarian tortellini soup from Annie's Eats (great food blog). Flat biscuits or not, I'm sure your guy appreciated you taking the time to make such a lovely meal for him. Happy Tuesday!

Katie Maye said...

That sounds delicious, I'll have to look that recipe up. I love a good soup. Subject: [katiemaye] Re: katiemaye: My weekend [in the kitchen]

vogue_or_bust said...

Omg this all looks amazing! Do you want to come live at my house? I can't cook to save my life.

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Marierhanna said...

Yumm.... Everything looks glorious. Wish i can cook like you! :p

Katie Maye said...

Awe thanks so much!

Katie Maye said...

haha! my boyfriend cooks for me all the time and it motivated me to learn. I'm still no where near as good as him though

Katie Maye said...

haha! my boyfriend cooks for me all the time and it motivated me to learn. I'm still no where near as good as him though