Monday, February 20, 2012

Dip Dyed

dip_dyed_inspiration

A trend that, maybe yes, has been getting a little overdone lately....but I love it nonetheless. I've always favored watercolors as a medium, I just love the watery soft effect they have. So I think it makes sense that I'm really drawn towards the dip dyed (or ombre, almost the same right?) effect that is working it's way into SO MANY products. Hair, obviously, clothing, home decor, jewelry and nails! I wear alot of neutrals so I'm really digging the more subdued dip dyed jobs. The awesome thing about it is that you can DIY this trend right into your home or closet. Pinterest especially is filled with dip dyed DIYs for almost anything. I think I might try to dye some old curtains in the near future.....
Photo sources (left to right, top to bottom)- Gown, Bracelets, Glassware, Asymmetrical Blouse, Sweatshirt, Hair, Flower cups, Shirt Dress

1 comments:

Kristina Gulino said...

Haha you sound like me! I'm not much into the uber-trendy stuff, but I have some simple white paint-dipped baskets on my Pinterest board. I'd love to try it out! Your dip dyed curtain idea sounds awesome too!