Monday, February 13, 2012

Rouge means Red

red_hair_brunch

Notice anything....different? Yes, my hair is red! (and yes, i like to point out the obvious) Sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit and make your talented hair stylist sister attempt to defy the law of science by turning your black hair candy apple red in one sitting. It may have taken us 3 tries but we got it and I'm really loving being a red head, I have to say. I wore this to a Sunday brunch while we were enjoying some unseasonably warm weather last week. Don't get jealous though, the temp has been back in the 30s and 40s and my cute sandals and short sleeves are back in the closet.  A side note, any good tips for making bright color like this last? It has been a little over 1 week and my color has faded a ton, more of a brassy red now but I still love it.

(Top - Urban Outfitters, Jeans - Asos, Belt and purse - thrifted, Shoes - very old from Target)

9 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

Your hair looks great this color! What a fun change, and I'm also loving this outfit - those jeans fit you perfectly and the thrifted bag is adorable :)

Charity said...

SO CUTE! I love it, and I love that you are daring enough to do it. On a related note, those jeans are perfection. You look 70s chic.

Katie Maye said...

Thanks so much!

Katie Maye said...

It definitely took a couple days to get used to, but i'm loving it :)

Caitlin said...

Love this outfit! I wish i could pull off that hair color!! You look great! Would love if you could check out my blog and tell me what you think of my latest posts! Follow me, I follow you! Happy Valentine's Day!

xx
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Kristina Gulino said...

How awesome! It looks great on you! Being a girl is too fun sometimes :)

Meg Henning said...

wow awesome red color! you really rock that hair color

Katie Maye said...

thanks! i'm loving it!

Katie Maye said...

Thanks so much! Love your blog, those cupcakes may or may not be making me drool right now.................added you to my bloglovin!