Monday, March 26, 2012

Beautiful Day for a Fest!

beer_menu2


In B.R. when the weather begins to turn amazingly delightful, it's time to go to Beerfest! I think what makes me love it so much it that it's on the LSU Rural Life Museum grounds, which is pretty much what it sounds like. Cows wandering around, old sheds and barns, antique equipment and pretty botanical gardens scattered about make for pretty dreamy setting for sipping some yummy brews. The homebrew stands are where it's at at. Imagine brews like Choco Taco, Holy Mole and Coconut Porter, I even tried a nacho flavored beer this year (that's right).  Seriously though, how can you go wrong.... warm sun, free potato chips, and a bottomless cup of exotic brews....It was a Saturday well spent.

beer_menu


me_beer


tin_roof


blueberry_beer


pton_beer

beer_boat


fan_beer


sun_flare


cow_beer


pretzel



4 comments:

Kristina Gulino said...

I wish I liked beer, that looks like fun!

Kristina
Nook & Sea

Katie Maye said...

I'm really not a huge beer fan either, but i liked trying the weird flavors Subject: [katiemaye] Re: katiemaye: Beautiful Day for a Fest!

Charity said...

so...where can I get one of those pretzel necklaces? ;)

Annie said...

This looks awesome! And nacho flavored beer? I'm drooling over here :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray